Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday 5 May 2012

What a great day

Hi everyone
Today was the day for my Advanced Coluring Class with Bev Rochester - whooooo....  I had been looking forward to this for ages.  I arrived early so I could buy some of the new stamps and sentiments and then popped upstairs for a quick coffee and sandwich before the class.  There were no free table so I asked a nice lady if I could sit with her and her friend, they of course said yes, they were joined by a third person who was Fleur  who I have followed for ages, it was so surreal to sit there and look at someone that you sort of know but don't.  Of course I got talking to them, hard to shut me up really, and I told Fleur I was a fan and followed her (what a nice lady), her friend Lou asked if I followed her but could not remember if I did or not but I checked when I got home and of course I did and had been for a while. 

It was amazing to meet Bev and pick up some tips, I now know what to do with all those pencils I bought but didn't know quite what to do with.  One tip I did pick up was the pencil stumps I was using, which I bought from an art shop are rubbish, and to buy some Derwent pencil stumps instead as these are softer and blend easier.  Bev gave me some tips on the wavy hair which I always have problems with (mainly on the Kenny K images) so hope I can do a better job on them next time. 

So this was my effort, we were concentrating on hair, folds and using Prisma pencils for shading.  I was pleased with the end result, there were a couple of thing I could improve on and would do differently on similar images, but you only get once chance at the class, I did get some folds into the dress which were not on the stamp as the dress if quite flat, I only realise now when I compare the stamp and my finished image. I also need to finish off the background. I will be using this for an anniversary card I need to make later this month for one of my DT challenges. 


Update ... Christine asked what the colours in the dress were - they are R39, R37, R35, R32 with Tusan Red pencil, there is the tinest bit of black pencil here and there and I mean tiny.  The dark is R39 with the pencil over. 
It was so nice to meet some like minded people, none of my friends are remotely interested in my hobby, except to receive the cards... LOL.

Hugs

18 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Suzie ...your colouring on this is stunning! Sounds like you had a fab time at the class.... Those folds are amazing in her skirt. Can I ask what colour you shade the folds with? Is it a greyish shade? And it doesn't look like it needs any sort of background.. Perfect as it is!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning Suzie...the folds are amazing hun..and the hair looks lovely and shiny too...

    Glad you had a lovely day...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Suzie, especially his hat! And what a great way to spend the day *sigh*.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful colouring on this image. Sounds like you had a fun and informative day.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzie,
    Wow you've coloured the image beautifully,sounds like you've had a fab day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really stunning, your colouring in looks amazing, the hair in particular is gorgeous. It certainly sounds like you had a wonderful day
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really stunning and your colouring is beautiful... can't wait to see the finished card and so I hope you will add it to your blog when you have made it. It sounds like a really good day and I must look out for the next one and perhaps join you in the class. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow wow wow Suzie the colouring on your image is so amazing .
    Glad you had a fab day .
    Hugs Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow Hun,this is amazing,gosh you really have done,this brilliantly Hun,glad you had a wonderful day hugs cherylxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your colouring is fantastic suzie and such a gorgeous image too, so pleased you had a great time :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Suzie this is Fabulous - the folds in the skirt really stand out- as does it all! You are so lucky to get to do this class! Glad you enjoyed being with like-minded people! Keep up the good work and I expect to see lots more colouring. I don't know anything about the pencils you have used. I just use Copics - can they be used with pencils?

    ReplyDelete
  12. My word how lucky are you and such a great finished result can't wait to see more! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Need to email you.. glitch with your email address..can you resend to me. xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzie,
    First thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments about my pins. I wish you luck in the draw.
    As to your class, wow, how lucky were you meeting two of my favourite bloggers/designers. I love both Bev and Fleur and their colouring has me in awe. Now you too.... this piece is awesome indeed. I really have to keep practicing, colouring is one thing I am not too good at.
    Well done you. I will be by regularly to see what you are up to.
    Big Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suzie, Stunning colouring loving the folds.. So glad you had a great time and met up with Fleur and Lou. Sorry to hear about your cat, its so hard when we lose a pet.. My heart is with you..
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Suzie, How exciting it must have been to be under the tutelage of Bev - I would love to be in you position!! Your colouring looks lovely and I do love that stamp, in fact have just bought it, so will be able to follow your example. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Suzie so glad you had a great day I have been dying to know how you got on! Your colouring looks fantastic I so wish I was able to go and I bet the next one they have is October when I am on holiday :-(!! I am the same with my friends they all think I am weird and have a right chuckle at me so it would be lovely to meet people with the same interest. Really pleased you enjoyed it hugs Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish we had some place to take coloring classes around here! You did an awesome job and that is one sweet image.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Hugs Suzie xx