Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 3 June 2012

Shhh.... I have a secret

Hello Everyone
What a wet day here... such a shame for the Jubilee weekend, tomorrow is forecast dry so looking forward to a barbeque with family who are coming to join us. 

My step-son proposed to his girlfriend last weekend and asked me to making an exploding box to present the ring in.  They went to our caravan in Wales (which is where we are now) and took her out to see the sun set to a little outcrop overlooking the sea, with a bottle of champagne and gave her the box. 

It was a bit of rush job as he only gave me a couple of days notice... men what are they like.


These are not the colours I would have chosen, but the the favourite colours of Phil's girlfriend, Michelle, regular followers might remember I made her a Betty Boop card recently using the same colour scheme and same flowers.  The black stones are swarovski crystals no less, I bought a lot last year to decorate some shoes and had these left, they sparkle and catch the light so well. 


I designed the square heart shape myself on my CraftRobo - helped make it a bit quicker. 


She of course said yes :). 

Hope you enjoy my box. 

Hugs
Suzie xx

14 comments:

  1. It's FABULOUS Suzanne...... bet she loved it as well as it's contents - and your step-son too!!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely lovely that you can be included through your exploding box, in the proposal! What a treasure she will have to keep forever!!! Congrats on the new family member :)

    Hope your weather gets better!!!
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fabulous Suzie...love the design and sentiments hun...and I bet your step-son and future step-daughter-in-law loved it too...:o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suzie that is so exciting!!! I absolutely love this and I am sure they loved it too. What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Suzie I bet this went down a storm - especially with the 'surprise' in the middle! Glad she said yes!! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is fabulous suzie.i love the striking colours and beautiful verses.huge congrats to your son and his fiancee :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Congratulations to the happy couple (wedding stationary next!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! this is so special,gorgeous design and wording too.
    Congratulations to them both.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Beautiful!!!Fabulous Colors!!!New Follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what a thoughtful step-son. It's not often guys are interested in our crafting, lol, but to be a part of something so important to him, obviously you are too! Congratulations to you all,
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job for short notice. Love the box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous and I bet your daughter-in-law to be, was over the moon. What a wonderful way to propose, so romantic and thoughtful too.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your box is stunning! So imaginative & pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Thank You

Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Hugs Suzie xx